Cloud Computing Services for Small Businesses
BL Technical Services is a group of IT network engineers and staff dedicated to supporting small- and medium-sized businesses (SMB). From our headquarters in Glen Burnie, MD, we offer IT support, telework solutions, consulting, and more. But among our specialties is cloud computing. Our senior network engineers hold certifications from software vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, and CompTIA, so you can rest assured we can handle your issues regardless of platform or scope. Among the cloud services providers we support are Microsoft Office 365, G-Suite, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). We have compiled answers to some of our most frequently asked questions about cloud computing below, but please feel free to call us with any queries of your own.
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing describes immensely scalable IT-related capabilities that use the Internet to connect multiple external customers. We support cloud storage services that enable our customers to acquire shared resources at any time and get rid of them as soon as they are no longer needed. The cloud is not a technology on its own. Instead, it is an approach to facilitating IT services that uses an amalgamation of servers and other technologies. Our customers rely on cloud computing services such as storage, database access, and security, among others.
What Services Are Provided by Cloud Computing?
Businesses of all sizes use cloud computing services. BL Technical Services specializes in cloud technology for SMBs, and we support such services in two distinct forms. The types of cloud computing we offer include:
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – This describes software applications delivered across the Internet.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) – IaaS involves a remotely-accessible server and storage options for users.
What Is Cloud Computing Infrastructure?
Cloud computing infrastructure is a compilation of hardware and software components that enable cloud computing. This collection of elements includes storage, computing power, networking, and a reliable user interface that allows access to virtual resources. It can be realized in either a public or private cloud:
- Public cloud – This is a service available to anyone with a network connection and form of payment. It includes easily accessible shared infrastructures that users manage with a self-service portal.
- Private cloud – The interface and capabilities of a private cloud are similar to those of its public counterpart, but it operates behind a firewall. Limiting access benefits users as well as the SMBs that establish private clouds.
What Are Real-World Examples of Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is an innovative concept that offers distinct benefits in real-world applications. You probably use cloud storage services in your everyday life. Amazon Web Services, Dropbox, Facebook, and Gmail are all examples of personal-use cloud computing services. But they are equally beneficial for SMBs. BL Technical Services has a wide array of clients from a variety of different industries. Cloud computing can benefit businesses associated with:
- Education – Providing cloud computing for students allows them to access resources in real-time, regardless of how many individuals are attempting to complete the same lessons and tutorials simultaneously.
- Energy – Small- and medium-sized energy companies can use cloud services to improve operational efficiency while their technicians are on job sites.
- Healthcare – Hospitals and medical facilities can benefit from a cloud-based database that keeps their patients’ information secure and readily-accessible.
- Transportation – Managing logistics for transportation or moving companies is easier with cloud-based technology because it enables data organization for employees that may be spread throughout the country.
How Are Cloud Services Billed and Metered?
There are several payment structures for cloud services. BL Technical Services can help you determine which approach fits your company’s needs best. The main ways to bill and meter cloud-based services include:
- Subscription – This pricing model is billed every month, whether a consumer or user accesses the cloud or not.
- Pay As You Go – The cloud can monitor how often a user accesses it so that you can charge based on consumption.
- Pay Per User – Cloud services may also be billed based on how many users are assigned to the subscription.
- Combination – Finally, cloud service providers may also utilize an approach that combines the various billing methods.
Why Should I Choose BL Technical Services?
BL Technical Services should be your go-to resource for cloud storage because supporting your organization is our sole endeavor. Other companies rely on software and hardware sales to stay afloat. We simply aim to provide exceptional services to help your SMB optimize operations. A dedicated account manager will be assigned to you to develop a rapport that enables us to provide the best cloud computing services possible. If an issue arises, your account manager’s familiarity with your company will enable him or her to quickly address the problem or delegate the work to our reliable network engineers. This will ultimately save you time and money.
Contact BL Technical Services for Cloud Computing Today
Cloud computing is no longer the wave of the future. It is the wave of the present. Implementing cloud computing for your small- or medium-sized business will allow you to keep up with the increasingly-technical commercial world. Let BL Technical Services help you with this effort. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of cloud computing.