Antivirus Software in Annapolis & the Baltimore Area
Let BL Technical Services Protect Your Business from Malware
BL Technical Services’ antivirus software helps businesses in Annapolis and the Baltimore area protect themselves from malware. Over one billion malware programs exist. These computer viruses are all waiting for the right chance to infiltrate your business, steal your data, or slow down your system. The best way to protect yourself is with antivirus programs designed for small-sized businesses like yours. Our antivirus software continuously scans your computer to check for ransomware, trojans, worms, and other forms of malware. However, it is not enough to simply download a program and forget about malware. It is also useful to have a team, like ours, to constantly manage your antivirus programs and malware protection strategy. This way, you can keep your cybersecurity protocols one step ahead of the attacks.
What Is Antivirus Software?
The purpose of antivirus software is to protect your computer against malicious programs. The first step in stopping a computer virus or malware is to detect it. In order to do this, an antivirus program will scan your computer for instances of malware. This should include programs that have already made their way onto your system. It will also scan sources as they attempt to enter your system, checking them for malware. Once a virus is detected, you need to remove it. High-quality antivirus software can remove most forms of malware, but it depends on the type and complexity of the virus. Sometimes, it requires a more hands-on approach to ensure the removal of any remnants of the malware.
Does My Business Need Antivirus Services?
It is common for small businesses to think they don’t need antivirus software. Understandably, they think they are safe because their business doesn’t have major operations online. In reality, almost every business needs to protect itself from malicious actors. Practically every business deals with payment-based information like bank accounts or credit cards. The makers of computer viruses often target smaller businesses for this very reason. The need for antivirus protection is even greater if you deal with sensitive information like medical records, social security numbers, or credit card numbers. Malware seeks out computer systems with the least protection. Simply having a high-quality antivirus system in place can deter many attacks.
Types of Malware
Malware comes in many different forms. While efficient antivirus software will protect you from most of these, it is valuable to understand their differences. Each type of attack has a slightly different mode of entry or end-goal. The best way to ultimately protect your business from the various forms of malware is to ensure that you have a team of antivirus experts on your side. However, the most common forms of malware are:
- Computer Viruses – A virus will infect other programs within your computer and spread itself throughout the system. It typically attaches itself to a file and spreads once it is installed or launched. Viruses often have goals like collecting, removing, corrupting, or deleting data.
- Worms – Worms spread throughout your system, similar to a virus. However, a worm exploits known weaknesses in cybersecurity systems instead of infecting other programs. Keeping antivirus software up to date is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself from worms.
- Trojans – Some programs look and act like legitimate pieces of software. This requires a user to execute the program, giving it access to your network. Since trojans require user authorization, they can be more difficult to prevent.
- Ransomware – When ransomware gets into your system, it locks your data by encrypting it. The hacker then demands a ransom in exchange for the return of your data. If you don’t pay the ransom within a certain period of time, the ransomware deletes the data. Often, you will lose your data whether you pay the ransom or not.
- Spyware – Spyware attempts to infiltrate your system quietly. Then, it monitors the activity of a device. It can track the exact keystrokes of a user, collecting passwords, credit card numbers, and other sensitive data.
Start Protecting Your Business’s Network Today
Malware is a serious threat to all businesses. Luckily, BL Technical Services has an antivirus software team to protect you. We can help prevent these forms of malware from entering your network in the first place. Even more importantly, we can help identify and remove malicious programs that have already made their way into your system. So, don’t leave yourself vulnerable for another day. To start protecting your system, call us directly or fill out an antivirus software contact form here.